Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
10 little things you can start doing to be happier, based off of the RealSimple article by Gretchen W. Enjoy!
1. Dont start with profundities.
-Don`t sit down and try to figure out all your failures and successes, don`t try to understand the meaning of life. Just cherish the little things that happen as they come.
2. Let the sun go down on anger.
- Expressing anger related to minor, fleeting annoyances just amplifies bad feelings, while not expressing anger often allows it to dissipate.
3. Fake it till you feel it.
-Feelings follow actions. If Im feeling low, I deliberately act cheery, and I find myself actually feeling happier. If Im feeling angry at someone, I do something thoughtful for her and my feelings toward her soften. This strategy is uncannily effective.
4. Realize that anything worth doing is worth doing badly.
-Challenge and novelty are key elements of happiness. The brain is stimulated by surprise, and successfully dealing with an unexpected situation gives a powerful sense of satisfaction. People who do new thingslearn a game, travel to unfamiliar placesare happier than people who stick to familiar activities that they already do well.
5. Dont treat the blues with a treat.
-Often the things I choose as treats arent good for me. The pleasure lasts a minute, but then feelings of guilt and loss of control and other negative consequences deepen the lousiness of the day.
6. Buy some happiness.
-Our basic psychological needs include feeling loved, secure, and good at what we do. You also want to have a sense of control. Money doesnt automatically fill these requirements, but it sure can help.
7. Dont insist on the best. There are two types of decision makers. Satisficers (yes, satisficers) make a decision once their criteria are met. When they find the hotel or the pasta sauce that has the qualities they want, theyre satisfied. Maximizers want to make the best possible decision. Satisficers tend to be happier than maximizers. Maximizers expend more time and energy reaching decisions, and theyre often anxious about their choices. Sometimes good enough is good enough.
9. Stop nagging.
-No words needed.
10. Take action!!!!!
- Some people assume happiness is mostly a matter of inborn temperament: Youre born an Eeyore or a Tigger, and thats that. Although its true that genetics play a big role, about 40 percent of your happiness level is within your control. Taking time to reflect, and making conscious steps to make your life happier, really does work