Thank you for helping us by reporting bad content.
Unique Beauty uses for Baking Soda
I know most of you know about baking soda being great for preventing smells in your kitchen, or super useful for your grade school Volcano science fair, but did you know it is also incredibly useful as a health and beauty aid?
I got this box from Walmart for only 97 cents, but it has been an incredible beauty tool! I`m going to share with you all some of my favourite and unique uses for baking soda.
1) Whitening Teeth - this is probably the most common `beauty-related` use for baking soda. My mom is a dentist, and many of the home-remedy teeth whitening diys you hear about are actual really bad for your tooth enamel. Baking soda is only mildly abrasive, but still effective!
2) Fresh Breath - just like baking soda can help deodorize your fridge, it can also help with bad breath. If you have some stubborn garlic breath, gargling some baking soda and water can help get rid of the halitosis gum or mints couldn`t fix.
3) Deodorant - speaking of funky smells, you can use baking soda as a natural deodorant! I used this trick a few years ago after an unfortunate waxing accident (ouch!). I was waxing my own underarms, but instead I also managed to wax off a layer of skin (OUCH!).My skin was too irritated to use deodorant, but since it was summer, I needed a solution for sweat. I tried baby powder, but it would clump up, leave a powdery residue, and not really solve the problem since instead of deodorizing, it would just mask the smell. Baking soda is much more effective, and much less messy!
4) Facial wash - Baking soda and water can be mixed to form a loose paste that can be an effective facial cleanser. Again, the mild abrasiveness can help lift away dead skin cells and make your skin glow. You shouldn`t use this too often, since it can mess with the PH balance of your skin, but it can be good to use occasionally.
5) Hair Clarifier- This may be my favourite tip for using Baking soda! I use a lot of hairspray (if you can`t tell, check out some of my hauls lol), which can lead to a lot of product build-up in my hair. Clarifying shampoos are good for removing buildup but they also strip your hair! Instead, I use baking soda! All you need to do is mix a little bit with your shampoo in the shower and wash/condition your hair as normal! It feels like the extra build-up melts from your hair. I use this trick about once a month or so.
Baking soda is also useful in many other ways around the house. You can sprinkle it on carpets or even your mattress and later vacuum it up, to help deodorize. You can also mix it into kitty litter for the same reason. You can pour some down your drain, followed by some vinegar to help keep the drain clear and prevent smells. It`s also useful for cleaning grout and tons of other items!
Some people (especially athletes), will drink a baking soda and water solution, since the baking soda can help prevent lactic acid build up in the muscles, increasing endurance during strenuous activity.
I just came across another use that I will porbably be trying out this summer - it is said that a paste of Baking Soda and water can be used to relieve mosquito bites!
It`s tough to believe that such a simple household item can have such a wide variety of uses!
What`s your favourite use for baking soda? Which one of these suggestions are you planning on trying next?