*image above is not mine, souce in the link in sourcelink*
Everyone whose trying to lose weight knows the struggle so of the temptations of food, the tiredness of running, and the fustrating slow changes in physical appearance. However, here are some tricks to stay motivated, get off the sofa and start breathing the fresh air and spirit of a true RUNNER:)
1) Create an anonoymous blog or personal journal . Record your journey and retreive feedback! There are people who are trying to fulfill the same goal as you so get support and helpful comments to keep you motivated and on the right path to that slim body!
2) Get a new pair of sexy spankin'-new pair of sneakers! Invest alittle money into a nice pair of running shoes because who wants to see money go to waste right? Besides, you'll look excellent with those brand new kicks!
3) Go soft when running. Shin-splits can become a quitter's excuse to stop running so be careful not to go overboard. Alternate between pavement, to a cross-country course or unpaved bike paths, and possibly a treadmill?
4) Forget time! Shane Bogan, who coaches distance runners in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore area, advises leaving your watch at home once in a while. "It's liberating not to be worried about pace," Bogan says. - quoted from this source: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--11733-0,00.html
5)Have a good-to-go playlist! Have a playlist on your running music player that motivates or "pumps you up". Having music while you jog clears your brain of any stresses and possibly help you concentrate on the lyrics/beat instead of your tiredness. Afterall, mind over matter. Personally for me I prefer rap or R&B with angry lyrics which are relatable to my life. This keeps me inspired and lusting for change. (Any music suggestions btw...?)
6) Have a new running path/route. The same scenary or route may cause you boredom. Running the same route all the time can really beat you down. Besides, explore your city, notice sites which would normally wouldn't capture your interest if you were driving in a car.:)
7)EVERY MILE YOU RUN burns roughly 100 calories. Think of this when you're debating on that granola bar instead of curly fries and a large soda. You'll regret eating all those calories and having to work harder just to lose it. Do yourself the favor and take the path which doesn't have negative long-term ... (you know what I mean)
8) Buddy up. Having a running buddy is called teamwork. If one or the other gets tired, you'll have the extra source which pushes you to go further. Having each other's backs is the key factor in this tip. Having someone there to push you is a major influence on your abililty and mindset.
9)GET YOURSELF A HEARTY DOG who needs lots of exercise. You'll always have a reason for a daily jog.
10) JUST START. If the thought of running your full workout is too much to bear, just suit up to run around the block. Chances are, once you're outside, you'll start to feel better and put in at least a few miles.