If you are looking for a cheap and effective way to moisturize both your face and hair, a DIY avocado mask is perfect. The mask is useful in leaving your hair nice and soft. Although my hair is super damaged, so even after using the mask twice, I saw no NOTICEABLE improvement. Hopefully I will with more treatments, but we will see.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
♛ Half an avocado
♛ 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
♛ 1 teaspoon organic honey
♛ A bowl or plate
♛ A spoon
♛ A knife
♛ (Optional) Half a banana
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. You will only need half of an avocado. Save the other half for another time.
- Crush the avocado into the bowl or plate. If you have a blender, that may be easier and quicker.
- Put in the organic honey and extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Put the mask on your face and/or hair for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse well out of hair and shampoo as usual.
If you decide to use a banana, you just crush it like you would the avocado.
I found the smell pretty pleasant on its own, but I actually hate the smell of the organic honey so that made the concoction a tad unbearable.
A friend of mine from high school swears by extra virgin olive oil. So if you are too lazy to go through the hassle of making this entire mixture, you could just incorporate a bit of extra virgin olive oil into your hair or facial moisturizer. Her hair looks so ridiculously healthy, so I would try that if I could.
IMAGES ARE MINE; YOU MAY NOT USE