Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to give the Bubbi HD Flawless brush a try. I only purchased this brush because it looked like I would get the most bang for my buck.
Price: ~$17 USD, this includes shipping and tax. Not a bad price for a brush like this.
Shipping: Upon ordering this item, I received it in about 2 week's time. It felt like ages, as I was desperately looking forward to trying this brush out.
Package upon arrival: It came in a manila envelope and the brush was in a purple sachet bag. Bubble wrapped too. I'm happy to say, this little guy came unscathed and unharmed.
Product: The brush is very sturdy and well made. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about Bubz' brushes because this could just be a marketing ploy. But, after trying this brush out, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.
Review of this brush is done after 2 months of use.
- Very dense brush hairs. I didn't experience any fall out as of yet, and it's been through many deep cleanings so far.
- The brush hairs are SOFT. Very, very soft.
- Stippling and blending was very easy, I've used it with bbcream and liquid concealer, leaves a flawless finish.
- The handle is not too long (5.5 in), offers a comfortable grip and very good control of the brush.
The Not so Good:
- The "Bubbi" logo is starting to smudge off. The site has posted that they are switching to etched logos now, so maybe the new batches will be better.
- Washing this thing is kind of a pain. I've had to do re-wash this many times because the there would be left over foundation stuck on the bristles and will not come off. I think it's because the brush hairs are so densely packed together.
- Drying takes about a day and a half.
- I found that the bristles caked together after using it after a while.
- Brush head is small, so you'll have to stipple a little more and brush a little more.
Overall, I think it's a decent. I do follow Bubz on youtube, although I don't see myself as a groupie or one of her die hard followers. I am reviewing this brush solely for it's performance. If you're looking for a cheap alternative to MAC or Sigma, this is a good brush to get. It's multi-purpose and you can definitely take it with you as a travel brush too.