Ohhh the infamous, chocolatey, hazelnut spread. You can't live with it and you can't live without it. This delicious spread is so amazing & well-known, it even has it's own day! (Yeah pretty rediculous). Nutella day is February 5th... Mark your calendars everyone!
If you've never had Nutella before (maybe you just never had the chance to pick it up or you cannot get ahold of it) here is your chance to make your own! It's fun to make too, so maybe that'll be a reason for some people to make it. The spread can be used in so many different ways. A few ways you can use this spread is on bread, crackers, drinks, cookies and other desserts!
I found this recipe that is super simple & easy, because who enjoys buying dozens of ingredients that you'll use once?
Ingredients that you will need:
- 3/4 - 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups of chopped toasted Hazelnuts (filberts)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
1. Place hazelnuts in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Chop for about 5 minutes or until you see the nuts clump together in a ball.
2. Add cocoa powder & powdered sugar into othe food processor with the nuts. Process this mixture for about 2-3 minutes or until ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
3. Slowly drizzle oil until you've hit the consistency that you'd like your spread to be.
4. If you want to store the spread, pour it into airtight containers. This can sit in the refridgerator for up to 4-6 weeks.
Let me know if you make this spread or if you have!
What's your favorite way to eat Nutella (the most delicious thing in the world!)?